You can never be a salesman until you accept routine failure as a part of the job description
“Deceptive” : Given to, or marked by, cheating & deception.
E.g. “I would have loved to buy that car, but I thought that the dealer was deceptive.”
Syn. Beguiling, deceiving, untrustworthy
Ant. Candid, plain, outspoken
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
- H. D. Thoreau
Contrary to what I have said (and thought) before, Doctors sometime *are* right – even if only partially so.
Hello Darkness my old friend…
How would you like your house to be?
Here’s a brief description of one that a colleague bought a couple of months ago:
- 4000 sq ft spread across two levels and a basement
- Large living room, a lounge next to the dining room, and a patio overlooking the backyard
- A family den on the 2nd floor, an attic and three large bedrooms for the family
- A home-theater in the basement with crawlspace next to it, and a three car garage
- Lots of trendy furniture to fill the spaces in the various rooms
And here’s what I am thinking of:
- A small log-cabin as close to the wilderness as you can get
- A living room that’s also the family den
- A couple of bedrooms, and a small kitchen
- Preferably a stream flowing nearby
- No empty spaces to worry about at all
What do you think?