For the past few days (weeks?) I have been thinking of the direction my blog is taking… And should take.
Of course I have a hidden agenda behind wanting to write regularly – I implicitly hope that doing so will improve my writing skills. Oh, and last year I also made a resolution – to not let my blog die (thankfully I made no resolutions about leading the blog in ever changing directions).
So… what new avatar will my blog take in this year that is on the doorstep?
I will try to write about my experiences at work. About the things that don’t work (and some that do). About the ridiculous things some people do. About how egos get in the way… the dark humor that is an integral (though oft-unseen) part of work.
Wish me luck…
The last couple of weeks have been crazy for me. Till about a month ago, I was working for barely an hour or two everyday. Now, here’s what is in my plate:
- I’ve to manage an Offshore Project (thankfully only the coordination part)
- I’m supposed to do the Resource Planning for the Department (117 folks and growing slowly)
- I’ve to start & grow a new practice within the Department
- I’ve to Coordinate Invoicing for the Department at every month-end
- I’ve been selected for the fast-track program for Account Management (10 months of training; about 40-60 hours per month)
- I’ve to provide Pre-Sales support for any proposals I may be asked to work upon (thankfully this is trivial in quantity so far)
While it looks like it’ll be backbreaking work, being busy like this is something I actually enjoy (and haven’t done in a long time). Looks like I will have to do a drastic makeover of my schedule and self-management.
But yes, I’m happy.
Why am I blogging?
Once in a while I do feel like jotting down what’s going on in my head. But is that it? Or is there also a flavor of wanting the world to appreciate me? However, let’s leave the personal aspirations aside for a moment.
Why should I blog?
Should it be a conscious effort for the enhancement of my career? If so, do I really need it? Will it really work? And if the answer to both is “Yes”, what is it that I should blog about?
What is it that I can blog about for the next 5-10 years, that will align with my career aspirations, and will keep an audience engaged?
I guess I need to do a lot of thinking on this…