When I started this blog, I meant for it to be a place where I can primarily share my thoughts with myself. So this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to know that two people have actually nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award.”
Like many others, I tried to find the origins of this award. While I did not get any leads, lets accept the award for what it does – it helps you create and extend a community and helps bloggers and readers discover blogs they never knew existed. I stumbled upon the rules at the Versatile Blogger Award blog while writing this post:
- You must give credit to the person that has nominated you and create a link to their blog in your post.
- You must create a list of 15 blogs that you enjoy most and link to those as well. Then you must go and tell them you have nominated them. That means if you do not have 15, you cannot do this step. If you do not complete this step, then you cannot claim this award.
- Finally, you must create a list of seven things about yourself.
Thanks to SlavesIncStrip for the first nomination. “J” was supposed to be a character in a comic strip, but channeled the spirit of the blog author himself. In his own words, High On Coffee is “A book in the making”. I like that.
The next round of thanks is for Alan Schuyler for the second nomination. Alan runs a not-for-profit care center for cats, and his online presence (at least the one that I am aware of) includes a view of the world from his personal periscope. And a second pleasant surprise for me – my posts make him think too. I never realized that someone else could relate to many of them.
15 blogs that I enjoy the most? To be honest, there are only five that I follow regularly. But I think I will still accept the award and work my way up to 15. Call me unethical if you will. In any case, here’s my list (in no particular order):
Off the mainstream: A cocktail of rants, insights & personal opinions
Lafemmeroar: Hilarious, check it out for yourself
Seconds: Anthony is a second grade teacher, and writes about his experiences (mostly) at work
Finally, seven random facts about myself:
- I own a Royal Enfield Bullet Electra (this is what I miss the most here in Denver)
- I love hiking in forests with my wife and daughter
- I love photography and recently purchased my first digital slr (I’ve owned film slrs in the past)
- As SlavesIncStrip pointed out – I am trying to write a book
- I am on the coffee wagon since the past three months (four?)
- I love starting new things – not necessarily completing them
- I seriously regret purchasing a touch-screen smartphone
And now, let me stroll over to my nominees’s blogs and spread the cheer!